Saturday, November 12, 2011

Should have called her Joy!

Happy Birthday my sweet Olivia! 

I look at Olivia and I see joy.  I see curiosity, I see helpfulness, I see a love for animals, I see a girl who loves to make things--just to make them, I see a need to be just who she is! 

Olivia seeks truth and speaks it--even if it hurts the listener.  Olivia does what Olivia wants to do and she is willing to pay the price for not being a follower. 

Olivia is organized, plans AND then gets everyone to follow her idea.  I remember when I had lunch duty and Joseph was in 2nd grade--Olivia created the slide game where she picked out who would go down and in what order--and they did it--happily. 

I remember the moment I found out I was pregnant--I kept it a secret--partly out of fear (I did not want to lose another baby) and partly because I wanted to hold onto every single moment.  My fears quickly went away when I gave Eric his birthday present--a box that had a tiny piece of paper that said we were having another baby!  He was overjoyed and amazed that I could have kept it a secret.  I wore purple that pregnancy.  We bought the cabin that year and Eric spent 3 months in Japan and came home two weeks before she was born. 

When Olivia was born she changed all our lives.  Charlotte had a best friend that she would discover in 6 years, Joseph had the playmate he always wanted and would discover that Olivia would help him, play with him and be a huge encouragement in 6 years,  Eric would find a baby that adored him and he couldn't help stopping whatever he was doing for her (partly because she wouldn't allow anything else but his full attention).  As I held my baby for the first time I had no idea that she would be so inspiring and provide others with the energy to continue the task at hand.  Olivia is equal amounts of peacefulness and intensity.

I am so blessed. She is so wonderfully made and Joy-filled. Maybe we should have called her Joy!

Thank you God for allowing me to raise up this beautiful girl to serve you.

No comments:

Post a Comment