Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sweet Potato Muffins

This is my recipe for Sweet Potato or Pumpkin or Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Muffins:

3 or 4 eggs
1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
1 or 2 cups of sweet potato, canned pumpkin or bananas
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
spices to compliment the sweet potato, pumpkin or banana
1 tsp salt
1 Tsp ground flax seed or maybe ground walnuts
1/2 bag of mini chocolate chips

Bake at 350 or 400 for 15-25 minutes.  I make mini muffins and regular size and a loaf pan on occasion.

I enjoy cooking.  I enjoy cooking for Eric who has a very enthusiastic appreciation for my cooking and baking talents.  Today I made 3 dozen sweet potato muffins and not one is left!  I enjoy cooking for my friends.  Tomorrow with the help of some little ones I will be making 4 dozen more muffins to share in hopes that it will not only nourish the body but feed the spirit with caring, love, patience and peacefulness. 

Thank you God for giving me the desire to cook healthyish food for my family and friends when it would be easier to just go to the store and pluck something off the shelf.  Thank you God for giving me the patience to teach my kids how to cook AND clean the kitchen afterwards.  Thank you God for my husband who supports my creative kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment