Sunday, January 8, 2012

Homemade Apple Sauce


organic gala apples
One of my ideas for 1012 is to share one crock pot recipe a week.  I found a great deal on organic apples and thought that I would buy 15 pounds.  My first batch of applesauce is 5 lbs of apples cut into chunks with just enough water to cover the bottom of the crock pot.





All of those apples cooked down to this amount.  I added cinnamon once they were finished cooking.  During the cooking process I stirred the apples and they broke into chunky pieces and I sort of like that.  The kids love it.

I plan to freeze the rest of this recipe and the other 10 pounds of apples bound for sauce.

Thank you God for Aunt Clara Broda who made applesauce for me as a kid.  It amazes me how you intertwine people, ideas, and outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment