Thursday, April 19, 2012

Menu Week 2: 4/19/12

I thought that this little assignment that I gave myself of creating a menu and saving 50% off would be easy.  Last week Dominicks had a ton of meat bogofree and I did stock up on hamburger.  I made a huge pot of spaghetti sauce and taco meat--packaged it in my b1g1free Ziploc bags and froze it.  I love the site Once a Month Cooking for tips on planning freezer meals.

The grocery store cycle is 12 weeks long so if something is on sale--rock bottom price--than you won't see that again for 12 weeks.  I offer this information for planning purposes.  Dominick's is normally a Th-W sale cycle but this week they have two sales going on at the same time in addition to their mini sale of $5 Friday.

These menus will be close to 50% off without coupons.

Menu Week 2:

French Toast Bake
Clearance Bin eggs 50% off
Bread (several different brands and flavors) bogof
Strawberries bogof
Bacon bogof

Muffin breakfast
Dole pineapple bogof
Eggs 50% off
I have tinkered with  a recipe that is simple and can be made with
olive oil and lots of different variations
http://joyfulmombaude.com/2011/03/07/sweet-potato-muffins/.

Quiche
Eggs 50% off
Cheese bogof
Use leftover bacon
Salad bogof

Fish Dinner
Waterfront bistro bogof
Salad
Steam Fresh veggies b2g1f

Pasta w/Red Sauce
Ragu bogo1
Pasta bogof
Salad bogof
Keebler fudge strip cookies were more than 50% off!

Kashi has a special deal this week--30% off "selected" Kashi items this is a great deal.  Kashi.com has online coupons to add to your savings.  Most Kashi products are on sale as well so this is an item that I would stock up on.

Dole pineapple is bogof--I use this in zucchini bread--stockpile for the summer.

Nature Valley has a sale on granola bars that is ok but with coupons it is close to 50% savings.  We go through A LOT of granola bars. 

Steamfresh has b2g1f veggies--normally I don't buy frozen veggies especially since our CSA (community sponsored agriculture) has begun and the bags are small for our family size but for a side dish mixed with pasta or rice will stretch the little bag! 

Thank you God for the ability to serve you as we plan and prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner. 








No comments:

Post a Comment