Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Peace comes from within.

Every year our family vacations with my husband family in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  We stay at a place called Rock River and the nearest big towns are Munising and Marquette.  This year I was able to sneak off to Marquette one morning and go to Adoration and run errands by myself. 

When left alone to my own devices I will almost always find a jewelry store or a knitting store and coffee.  On this particular trip I hit all three!  At the jewelry shop I found a bracelet that has "peace comes from within" engraved on it and those words sang in my heart. 

Ever since that day I have worn that bracelet.  I have found that having it reminds me that my grace and peace comes from Christ that dwells within me.  On good days and on bad days--when I am anything but Christ-like--the words give me enough of a pause to get it back together.

Thank you God for the gift of my husband who suggested that I go and take a couple of hours to myself.  Thank you for giving me the grace to stop and listen to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment